Commercial landlords should ensure that invoices issued to tenants for rent and outgoing amounts include:
- the correct GST component
- any rent increases that are entitled to be charged
- all outgoings that are entitled to be charged.
The invoices should also be issued in a timely manner and in...
The responsibility for the payment of the costs of the water usage and electricity for a Kirrawee commercial property was the subject of a dispute dealt with by the District Court in 2017 – AAP Engineering Pty Ltd v Fernlog Pty Ltd  NSWDC 141.
The tenant, Fernlog, leased a...
What are outgoings?
Outgoings are expenses incurred by the landlord arising out of its ownership of the premises.
Typical outgoings include:
- Taxes fees and charges – e.g. Council rates, water rates, land tax
- Day to day costs – e.g. cleaning, garbage collection
- Maintenance and repair...