Planning for your family’s future after you’re gone is a really important legal task.
If you take the time now to make an effective legally binding Will and Testament you can save your family not only stress but money in what will undoubtedly be a difficult time for them.
Shire Legal’s estate lawyers can help:
- Advise you in regard to estate and Probate laws
- Write a will that maximises the inheritance for your family
- Set up family and testamentary trusts
- Advise you in regard to choosing executors and guardians
- Minimise the chance that your will is contested and subject to litigation
- Advise in regard to estate tax (including capital gains) and financial concerns
At the same time as considering your Will we strongly recommend that you also put in place plans for any future incapacity through Power of Attorney and Guardianship documents. This will ensure that if you somehow become unable to make decisions about your finances, your medical treatment or living arrangements then the person or persons who you trust to make these decisions can do so unhindered.
We also provide safe custody services and can safely store your valuable documents free of charge. If you choose to use our safe custody services, we suggest that you notify your executor, attorney or guardian as appointed under your Estate documents so that they are aware of where the original documents are.
Who is a "child" when planning your estate? (December 2022)
Acting under a Power of Attorney (November 2020)
Statutory wills - for when testamentary capacity is lacking (September 2020)
Life estates and will disputes (June 2020)
Disputing a burial plot licence (April 2020)