Our solicitors are experienced in assisting business owners register their trademarks.
Trademarks are a valuable marketing tool that provide proprietary protection for your brand. They also prevent unauthorised use of your intellectual property by other businesses in Australia.
Shire Legal can assist you with:
- Deciding what you would like to register as a trademark
- Conducting a search of existing Australian trademarks
- Determining the class of goods and services appropriate to your business
- Preparing and lodging your application with IP Australia
- Responding to any concerns raised by IP Australia
- Proceeding with registration upon a successful application
Shire Legal has assisted its clients in registering their valued trademarks – including business names, product names, brand names, logos, colours as well as combinations of these.
Below are links to blogs that we have written in relation to trademarks are:
- Waltzing Matilda – a trademark?
- Registered a business name? Trademark it!
- In-N-Out Burger Restaurant wins against Sydney burger chain in Federal Court
- Can a bikini style infringe a trademark?
- When the same slogan is used by different businesses
- Be careful when you use the word Anzac
- Why do I need a lawyer when I start my business?