If you are selling a property, our fee includes the cost of all certificates required by law to attach to the Contract, including those relating to encumbrances on the title (such as a right of way or easement for drainage).
Shire Legal can assist you in the sale of your property:
- Preparing the Contract for the Sale of Land within 48 hours* of receiving your instructions - this includes obtaining a copy of all certificates required by law to be annexed to the Contract:
- current title search
- deposited plan
- any dealings affecting the property (such as rights of way and easements for support)
- Section 10.7(2) Certificate from the local Council
- sewerage diagram
- Forwarding the draft Contract to your real estate agent of choice so that the marketing of your property can commence without delay
- Forwarding the draft Contract to the proposed purchaser's solicitor for signing
- Attending to you signing the Contract
- Arranging the exchange of Contracts
- Liaising with your mortgagee for the mortgage to be discharged at settlement (if applicable)
- Answering requisitions (ie questions asked by the purchaser about the property)
- Attending to you signing the Transfer, authorising the transfer of the ownership of the property from you to the new purchaser - the Transfer is handed over to the purchaser's solicitor at settlement for registration at the NSW Land Registry Services
- Confirming settlement adjustment figures
- Arranging a suitable settlement date, time and location with all parties concerned
- Attending settlement on your behalf - the title documents (usually held with the mortgagee - if applicable) are handed over to the purchaser in exchange for the balance of the purchase price
- Liaising with the agent to confirm settlement has taken place and that the balance of the deposit (less the agent's commission) can be handed to you
- Arranging for your settlement cheque to be banked into your nominated bank account immediately following settlement - alternatively, you can collect the settlement cheque on the day after settlement from our office
* provided adequate instructions are provided by you and provided your local Council has on-line facilities for ordering and receiving Certificates.
Discrete, personalised and expert legal advice, when you need it.Read our frequently asked questions about selling property.