Positions currently available:
Click on name of position for more information:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team in the Sutherland Shire CBD, assisting SMEs with their business law requirements. Shire Legal acts for both local and non-local businesses in a range of industries – hospitality, retail, manufacturing, trades, allied health, tourism, customs and so on.
You are a lawyer with post-admission experience in (or a keen interest to learn about) advising businesses in all types of corporate and commercial matters – business sale/purchase, commercial/retail leasing, franchising, agreements, employment law, trademarks, debt recovery, building and construction law, risk management.
Experience in property law and estate law (in particular, business succession planning and trust structures) will be looked upon favourably.
You have the ability to work autonomously, as well as an integral part of our team, with strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills. You are friendly and personable, with the drive and initiative to become an expert in your preferred area of law, and to build valued relationships with clients and industry colleagues. Your desire to undertake further education (Masters / Accredited Specialisation) will be supported.
There is no minimum (or maximum) years of experience for candidates – what is required is a sufficient level of knowledge (and determination) to hit the ground running and handle an existing workload. The right attitude is a must.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Immediate start available.
To apply, please email your covering letter, CV and transcript to email@example.com.
Final year law student or law graduate needing to satisfy their Practical Legal Training (PLT) requirements on a voluntary part-time (2-3 days per week) basis.
In compliance with PLT requirements, your work experience will include:
- application of legal knowledge and skills to the resolution of real-life legal problems;
- experience of procedures and dynamics commonly found in offices in which legal services are provided;
- experience in the process of becoming a professional practitioner of the law including:
- significant contact with clients;
- drafting documents;
- legal research; and
- using a file management system.
You will work closely with the Shire Legal team in all areas of the law – business, litigation, property and wills/estates.
Your experience may include:
- Drafting court documents and correspondence;
- Assisting solicitors at Court attendances;
- Assisting solicitors with client conferences;
- File management and preparation of briefs for hearing;
- Preparation of contracts and agreements;
- Reviewing documents;
- Undertaking legal research;
- Drafting articles; and
- General administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will have:
- Superior people skills
- High levels of professional integrity
- The ability to manage time effectively
- Brilliant written and oral communication skills
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently
Immediate start available.
To apply, please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.