Our solicitors are experienced in acting in the purchase of businesses of varying size and complexity, across a range of industries. We understand the different factors that need to be considered in any purchase transaction. We work closely with all parties, including commercial real estate agents, accountants and financial planners, to ensure you benefit from holistic advice.
If you are considering purchasing a business, Shire Legal can assist you with:
- determining the best structure to be purchasing the business
- reviewing the Contract for the Sale of Business
- negotiating amendments to the draft Contract
- reviewing the ownership documentation of the business
- verifying ownership of the business’s intellectual property
- arranging for the transfer of the business name, supply contracts, lease
- confirming that the required business licences/permits can be transferred
- determining sufficient tenure to operate the business and that the terms are otherwise in accordance with market conditions
- transferring employee entitlements
- apportioning the rates, taxes and other outgoings of the business
- conducting an online Personal Property & Securities Register (PPSR) search to confirm that the vendor’s assets do not have a charge or other security interest registered against them
- considering the treatment of book debts, customer lists, ongoing liabilities (supply contracts) and work in progress
Purchasing a business? Let’s talk.
View our blogs for useful information regarding buying a business.
For further information and a range of free tools and resources useful to businesses, follow this link which identifies the new business essentials to assist with your purchase.