Positions currently available:
Click on name of position for more information:
We are looking for a property lawyer (2-5 years PAE) willing to make a significant long-term contribution to the firm's ongoing success and growth. You will want to build on your existing knowledge and experience with a view to developing your client base, personal branding and knowledge in all areas of property law, including easements, commercial and retail leasing, property transfers and refinance, co-ownership agreements, strata law (including changes of by-law), subdivision, property development (including neighbour agreements and option agreements), property agreements (family loan agreements, granny flat agreements), retirement village contracts, conveyancing (sales, purchases, off-the-plan).
Prior experience with PEXA preferred, though not essential.
The successful applicant will have a friendly, approachable manner, with an empathetic approach to our valued clients. Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills are a must, as are a proactive and enthusiastic work approach.
Shire Legal is an innovative firm - we are replacing timesheets with fixed fees for all matter types, and also offering flexible working arrangements to give the desired work/life balance.
Immediate start available.
To apply, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Final year law student or law graduate needing to satisfy their Practical Legal Training (PLT) requirements on a voluntary part-time (3-4 days per week) basis.
In compliance with PLT requirements, your work experience will include:
- application of legal knowledge and skills to the resolution of real-life legal problems;
- experience of procedures and dynamics commonly found in offices in which legal services are provided;
- experience in the process of becoming a professional practitioner of the law including:
- significant contact with clients;
- drafting documents;
- legal research; and
- using a file management system.
You will work closely with the Shire Legal team in all areas of the law - business, crime, family, litigation, property and wills/estates.
Your experience may include:
- Drafting court documents and correspondence;
- Assisting solicitors at Court attendances;
- Assisting solicitors with client conferences;
- File management and preparation of briefs for hearing;
- Preparation of contracts and agreements;
- Reviewing documents;
- Undertaking legal research;
- Drafting articles; and
- General administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will have:
- Superior people skills
- High levels of professional integrity
- The ability to manage time effectively
- Brilliant written and oral communication skills
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently
PLT positions from now until early 2018 are already filled. If you wish to be considered for future positions, email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org